Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekly Training Recap: 2/3-2/9

Monday 2/3- 6.25 miles w/6x800 @ 8:00-7:30 pace, abs.
Tuesday 2/4- 1.5 miles easy (I planned to go longer but Misha wasn't into childcare that evening!), abs.
Wednesday 2/5- off, abs
Thursday 2/6- off, abs
Friday 2/7- 6.5 miles easy with Rachel The Dog, Rose and Lida, abs.
Saturday 2/8- 10 miles on treadmill
Sunday 2/9- 3150 yards, swim team

total mileage (running): appx. 24

Reflections:
This week had some good moments- Monday's treadmill workout, getting outside on Friday, and then of course, swim practice on Sunday morning.  I made some excellent meals this week too if I do say so myself (and I do!) including a kale salad with beets, sweet potatoes, and apples, a parsnip "rice" with flavored with coconut and ginger, a chicken bean bowl, and a beef chili loaded with vegetables for Saturday night with friends.  I also have been drinking at least a mug of mate everyday- a nice substitute for coffee and full of antioxidants.

The week's low point was the lack of running Tuesday through Thursday.  I intended to get out there but my plan was foiled due to Misha's devices, the freezing temperatures, and my lack of willpower to get to the gym once Mike got home from work.  It's tough sometimes!  Hopefully, this week I will be able to increase my mileage a bit- I need to start thinking ahead to the longer trail runs ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment