Running mileage: 133
# of runs with running buddies: 10
Swimming yardage: 9100 (5.170455 miles!)
# ab workouts: 23
# of push-ups: appx. 460
Minutes spent weight lifting (+countless minutes of lifting misha): 20 minutes
- I am feeling good about my first three swim team practices! The workouts stretch me and it has been motivating to join a new community of athletes. I am the slowest swimmer in lane 2, but I think if I keep going on Sundays consistently and add 1 more swim workout a week (either a practice or just swimming on my own), I will begin to improve.
- I am feel strong on the running front. It is heavenly to get outside when the temperatures allow it. I am thankful that I joined the gym and its been fun to do some workouts with a buddy next to me on the treadmill.
Not so good:
Mostly nutritional stuff...
- Gained five unwanted pounds over the last month. I know that is hard to believe with all the workouts but with workouts comes hunger. And, with awful weather comes boredom. When I can't get out of the house, it is easy to grab an extra handful of snacks. I am totally not against snacks as fuel and even an occasional dessert. But high quantities of sugar, salt, and processed food definitely affect my energy and motivation to engage in life.
- Drinking wine or scotch every night. I am on the fence about this one. I think a daily cocktail is actually a good thing. My grandparents did it every day at 5 o'clock. It is a good tradition but I want to cap it at one drink and nurse that puppy. Instead of helping myself to a second glass at dinner.
Intentions For February:
- Set up training bike in basement and move workout equipment into studio
- Yoga dvd and/or gillian vid 1 x week
- Add one more swim workout a week
- Avoid unnecessary snacking and processed food. Enjoy simple desserts (dark chocolate, figs with coconut) on a daily basis and indulge in a real treat once and a while (carrot cake!).
- 1 glass of wine or scotch. Nurse that puppy!